Volume XXXII, Number 1
DADS Now Accepting Nominations for NFs to Become Certified in Phase III of Music & Memory
Is your nursing home participating in DADS/HHSC’s Music & Memory program? If not, here’s your chance. DADS/HHSC is expanding the initiative to an additional 165 nursing homes. Nominate your facility for Phase III of the program by completing this survey. Nominations will close on Jan. 6, 2017.
What is Music & Memory?
The nationally recognized Music & Memory initiative builds on research showing the positive effects of familiar music on brain activity. The program has also been shown to reduce the use of antipsychotic medications in Nursing Facilities.
Since 2015, 267 facilities across Texas have participated in the DADS/HHSC Music & Memory program. By the end of 2018, over 10,000 nursing home residents will have been impacted by this innovative program.
Questions can be emailed to TQM@dads.state.tx.us.
Commitment to Care
State / THCA News
- Certified in Phase III of Music & Memory
- Facility Survey and Informal Dispute Resolution Council Report
- Managed Care Links
- Paper Forms for Nursing Facility PASRR Specialized Services No Longer Accepted Effective June 23, 2017
- QIPP Alert to Nursing Facility Providers
- Steward Lawsuit Provider Letter